Center Yourself! Reconnect to You + All You Love!
Can you feel it? Can you feel that buzz in your body that feels like it’s been ignited with the light of a million fireflies performing Cirque du Soleil? Like trillions of tiny butterflies are sending every cell into a dance of transformation? …Like sparkling reflections of sunshine and dewdrops dripping over the seeds of blooming buds, we are the constant illustration of this dance! It’s spring and we wanna dance with you! The days are longer and the lovely flowers and lively critters are a-flourish and thriving in their joyous play. Spring is a beautiful time for new beginnings and perceptions, new projects and creations, new travels and experiences. A time for renewal and rebirth. We are here to travel with you during your brilliant rejuvenation! To reconnect you to the magic of your spring and offer all we can that is in alignment with your enchanting new dawns, this is the first of our spring blog series!
“The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” –Harriet Ann Jacobs
Springtime is exciting, and if you are like me, you want to do everything at once, basking in the invigorating blooming of spring rejuvenation, renewal, and rebirth. Here are five things that will help you reconnect and center yourself to flow into rebirth, not only with vibrant energy, but also ease and grace. You can revisit them as centering tools as you buzz with the energy of spring blooming!
- Reconnect with your heart and breath. Close your eyes and put your hand on your heart, breathing steady and full. As you feel your breath and your heartbeat, really focus on them and connect deeply to both. See your energy field clear and protected by white light. Imagine roots coming out of your feet, going deep into the core of the earth, pulling into your body the loving, stable, grounding energy of the earth. Feel your heartbeat and breath dancing in rhythm with the energy of the earth. Take calm, deep breaths, and with each one, think or say, “I live my life in love, joy, and my highest and best good.” Breathe here as long as you like.
“With the coming of spring, I am calm again.” –Gustav Mahler
- Reconnect with the nourished blossoming earth. Close your eyes and imagine (or if it has recently rained, go outside and breath in) the rejuvenating smell of the raindrops that have just fed all of the soil, rich with a bountiful array of seedlings and blooms. Feel that you have everything you need and are here to flourish.
- Walk for authentic connection. Take a walk in the springtime air, alive with gestation, pollination, and blooming. Bask in the light to awaken your sunny optimism and nourish the growth of your authentic self connection! Reconnect and be with you. Know how incredibly valuable and loved you are. If you feel, explore the connection you have with your creative (or literal!) conceptions. Think about the next playful action you can take towards your passion project if you have one in mind. Remember you are a naturally creative being, and you can absolutely take that step. Feel it. Now let it go and keep walking with the extraordinary enjoyment of being.
“Never yet was there a springtime, when the buds forgot to bloom.” Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
- Reconnect together. Spend quality time with someone you love, seeing and experiencing all of your favorite parts of them like it’s the first time…feeling each little adorable nuance that makes them the person you love. Think of how lucky you are to witness their lovely being blossom as you both grow and know each other more. Feel the immeasurable transcendent connection that knows no words or reason, just that it is profound and worth everything.
“If people did not love one another, I really don’t see what use there would be in having any spring.” Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
- Laugh. A lot. Of course you can cry when you need to as well! Move through any emotions you are feeling with awareness. But we’re talking about reconnecting to laughter’s magic. It gives us power to sprout flower buds like spring. Make a point to reconnect to your sense of humor and ability to notice, life is fun. And funny. Notice when things are simply silly, or absolutely absurd, and laugh. For example, I just looked up synonyms for the word ridiculous (can’t help it, I love the thesaurus), and the word, “cockamamy” came up. I laughed out loud for a good 15 seconds…by myself… I mean, come on, say it out loud, “cockamamy.” Haha. Just a tidbit of laughter for a funny word. See? The humor is always there. Notice when life tickles you with joy, and laugh. Notice how the blooming spring flowers remind you of the new life joyfully sprouting all around you all the time. Feel the joy and laugh!
“The earth laughs in flowers.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Center yourself. Reconnect to you and all you love and flow with the buzzing energy of spring! Life is offering this gift of spring to you…to us! WE ARE LIFE! Let’s live as though each smile to a passing stranger, each special moment with a loved one, each walk in nature, and each creative conception of life is a seed for another flower to color this beautiful land. Dance as the blooming field of creation! Woohoo!